Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Random Smattering...

Last week was a crazy week filled with a fussy baby clingy from his second round of immunizations and a dog that chose to roll in the garden three times which means three baths in two days and to top it all off, aforementioned dog threw up twice. Oh, and did I mention my husband was gone all week on business so I got to balance this crazy household on my own?  So, I have to admit I was on the precipice of absolutely losing my mind so I had to take a brief blogging hiatus.

I'm lonely for my sister today.  Well all my sisters really but specifically my sister Edie.  But I'm lonely for her because I got a good dose of sister time a couple of weekends ago which I guess is worth being lonely for her today.  There really is nothing like seeing the ones you love love on your baby. 
Photobucket
And when she said "how about I take the baby tonight so you can sleep all night?" I gave the question a resounding "yes, please!".  But there is something about being a mother that even when you have the opportunity to sleep through the night uninterrupted you still wake multiple times to sneak into the room to watch your baby sleep. I do have to say though, it was a beautiful thing to have my bed back to myself.

Edie and I wanted to make these together but sunshine and picnics at wineries called to us with their siren song so I promised I'd make them for her this week.  They were inspired by this pin I found on how to make homemade coasters with scrapbook paper and tiles from your local DIY store.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I found this great Etsy artist via Pinterest a couple of weeks ago.  I finally ordered a nursery print and it arrived in the mail this week.  I love, love, love it!  She's got some great nursery prints and artwork and it's super affordable.  You can find her at her Bunch of Bees Etsy shop.  Here is the print I ordered. Did I mention I love it?
Photobucket
Each year I try really hard to make it to September before pulling out my fall decor and I anxiously await the day when I can find beautiful baskets full of mums at the local nursery. Fall doesn't officially start for another 15 days but I consider Labor Day the unofficial start of fall.  Labor Day has become a new tradition for us.  We get together each year with friends we met when we lived in Minnesota.  We only see each other once or twice a year but when we see each other it's as if no time has passed and we fall right back into place.  Afterall isn't that the true sign of a friend? Weeks, months or even years can pass and when you see each other you don't miss a beat.  Last Labor Day I was sick out of my gourd with "morning" sickness that lasted all day and this year my little boy got to meet their little boys. They made the long trip to visit us in Indiana this year and the week was filled to the gills with laughter and late nights spent drinking wine and catching up on life.

It's starting off to be one of those really great summer weeks.  I love fall so much that I'm always so anxious for it to arrive that I often forget how great the last few weeks in summer can be. Great summer days where the sun shines all day, the humidity is low and the swing in temperature provides great warmth during the day but nice cool evenings perfect for walking dogs and babies.
Photobucket
Hopefully this week will be a little less eventful than last week.  So far we've made it to Tuesday without any dogs throwing up or rolling in the dirt and Oliver is back to his old self.  Here's to the rest of the week going as smoothly!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...