Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lazy Days in PJs

It finally happened, the little man is sick.  Almost six months cold and flu free...it was a good run.  It's nothing serious though, just a stuffy/runny nose and a little cough.  I can't say that I am always a huge proponent of technology in all facets of our lives but on this day I'm thankful for it.  This week I was able to summon the "old wives" through Facebook and get great advice on how to relieve my little one. Thank you to all that gave great suggestions on what has worked for you and your little ones.

Right on cue we were greeted with a rainy day, as if to say, "stay inside, stay in your jammies a while longer, errands and the grocery store can wait".


I recently read an article in Parents magazine about not only cherishing and remembering the big moments in our little one's lives like the first steps, first words and first birthdays but also paying closer attention to the little moments.  This week I've tried to take a closer look at those little moments.  These days Oliver seems to be learning something new everyday.  His little mind is constantly at work, neurons firing telling one another to throw that toy on the floor mom will pick it up, he's learning to reach out and pet the dog, and today he saw a tiny little raisin and reached out and picked it up. (Before you all panic and call Department of Human Services on me, I put the raisin on the floor on purpose to see if he could pick it up and took it away immediately as to not let my child choke.) And now he has his first cold.  Big or small, they are all great moments...
and these are the moments I want to remember. A hot cup of tea by my side, my little monkey, heavy with the scent of Vicks, snuggled into my fuzzy robe, his little breaths stuffy but eventually becoming even as he falls asleep.

This weekend we went out to the lake.  Days spent on the boat are numbered for the season. Soon it will be out of the water and tucked away in a storage unit for the winter.  So for now we try and get our time in. This is actually my favorite time of year to be on the boat. The wind is a bit chilly but refreshing and the trees surrounding the lake are making their changes from verdant green to oranges, golds and reds.  I won't bore you with another soliloquy about how much I love fall and all that it has to offer, just suffice it to say that fall makes everything better, including days on the boat.


He couldn't get enough of the Hawkeye wind sock.

Oliver is his father's son, he loves being on the boat.  He is mesmerized by the wake and the sound of the engine eventually lulls him to sleep.


Due to the mounds of Kleenexes piling up on side tables and in trash cans and the little one that won't really sleep unless he's being held, there is not really a tie in to any Pin this week.  Sorry.  Maybe next week I'll have two...maybe.

On a side note, to the CEO of Kleenex, I assume there is a hand written note in the mail thanking me for the sudden spike in sales in the Southern Indiana market.

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love Ollie's blue and brown stiped sleeper/outfit!!! Adorable. He looks like he's grown a ton just since I saw him. I remember C's first cold(s). I think we had a constant 2 months of them. Tried every piece of advice that we could get our hands on. Hope O is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...