Monday, April 2, 2012

Settling Back In


Did you think I fell off the face of the earth?  In some ways I did for a bit.  We went on a much needed vacation....without the baby.  Although in reality I knew that this was much needed and that he was going to be well cared for it still was nerve wracking and anxiety inducing.  We flew to Scotsdale, Arizona and enjoyed good food, the sun and the spa.  I missed the crap out of Ollie but I came back refreshed and I like to think I came back as a better mommy, one with more patience and a little more sleep under my belt.
Dropping  us off at the airport...I think he knows something is up...

Now that vacation is out of the way we're working on getting our house to feeling a bit more homey.  The house we bought only had one room painted a color, all of the rest of the rooms are an eggshellish white.  A rather mopey white at that.  It's wonderful to have the blank slate but the white walls are bringing me back to my apartment living days and that feeling must be eradicated soon!!  We know that we can't make ourselves crazy with home projects and expect to get more done in a weekend than is humanly possible so we've made ourselves a goal to paint one room a weekend.  It's been difficult since we have been coming and going but this weekend we did manage to get Oliver's room painted. Here is a before and after.
BEFORE...have you ever seen more disgusting walls?

BEFORE #2

AFTER

AFTER #2

I'm not a huge fan of the painted woodwork, I would rather it be white but painting trimwork is a HUGE job and one that I don't really have the time and/or patience to deal with right now so we are leaving it as is for now.  We also still need to hang more pictures and wall decals,  I'll update you with the completely finished project soon!

I need to mention that Oliver has gone down for his nap twice today without so much as a peep.  I have laid him down still awake with his binkies and he chats with his stuffies for a while and then nods off. Yes binkies is plural, he likes to suck on one and hold onto one while he falls asleep. Apparently he finds much comfort in knowing that he shall never be binkie-less during his slumber.  So I would love to stay and chat awhile but I need to go high five myself for being an awesome mom and getting my baby to nap so easily. (HA! Yea right, like I had a stinking thing to do with it, I'm sure he'll be back to fighting naps like the plague tomorrow.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...